Monday, July 2, 2007

Saturday and Sunday!



Howdy all! We have made it to another weekend. This means I have only this weekend and the next the get this trailer usable. It's time to put the hammer down. As long as my hammer holds out. :)
I still pose the same question. Do we really need doors? We have the other side door made and installed. I would have to say that this has been my least favorite of the build. Anyways, they are built, installed and hopefully don't leak. We still need to finish the wood parts and do some other touch ups but that won't take too long and should be able to wipe that out during the week.

I don't remember just what we were looking at on this door but it was a good pic the door so I included it here.


Here's the other door and we were trying to deside just how we were going to mount the AC. We built a small frame on the AC it self that work quite well. Once the AC is in the window it should be water tight and solid.



Here's a pic of it from the inside on some trial fitting runs. Looks like it will work.




Me and Noel were able to get our daugher Cheyanne, out Sunday morning. Man getting those teenagers out of bed is a chore in itself. While Noel was out taking care of some items we needed for the trailer Chey came out and helped me get the fenders mounted. Then we took them off again and painted them and once dry she helped me with putting them back on again.


See we are having fun, that is what it's all about right?






Here's the fender all mounted and ready for action but needs a bit of decoration so see pics below to see how the turned out.







Getting started on the trim. This wasn't too tough but very time consuming. Did I mention it was getting hotter by the minute.






Almost done with this side.






Well, there it is with all the trim on. Come out really sharp. We think it did anyways. The other side is complete also. I started with the under trailer wiring and decided I had over heated a bit and quit for the night. Noel worked on getting some curtians made and the bed ready go in also so we got quite a bit done this weekend. We have about 8 days to go before we will need the trailer. One more weekend and a holiday on Wed. We don't have any plans for the 4th this year so I'm sure we will spend the day working on the tear.
See ya'll next time. It's time to go to work and recover...hehe!







2 comments:

Rodney said...

So I guess that's black anodized aluminum? Sure looks terrific in the pictures.

Ken and Noel said...

Hey Rodney,

It's just painted aluminum. Will have some airbrush murals on it soon. well this winter anyways. Ron was talking about a get together once it cools off a bit. I'm looking foward to it...

later, Ken