Saturday, June 2, 2007

Friday night Build with a light show.




Howdy all! Thanks for all the encouragement via comments, PM's and email. It really helps! It's Friday night and we decdided to jump right in and see what we could get done. I guess they would be refered to as the bulk heads. Well, whatever they are called you can call them glued and screwed. We checked and double checked and really tried to make sure we're Square.

See what I mean...just checking for square one more time...







Aww..what the heck...let's check it again...hehe







After all the the bulkhead pieces were in we decided to to go ahead and see what that counter top was going to look like. Looks good. I think Noel has figured out what she wants to do with colors and the finishing of some of the wood. I'm going to leave all that to her for sure. Tonight it was awesome working kinda outside. (half in half out) Storms were building to our west and there was one heck of a light show with some awesome sounding thunder. We ended our night with a nice slow rain which is quite rare in this part of the country. We have had great luck with rain this year let's just hope it stays this way.
I'm not a cabnit maker by no means but I'm going to give it a shot. Saturday morning I'm diving right in. I've also started the wheels in motion for all the trim, latches, locks and what nots. Not real sure on what all I need but hopefully we will figure it out. The metal for the sides is not a problem but the roof metal is another story. See what we can find. See ya tonight with todays progress.


That dang coffee cup seems to make it into a lot of pictures...!

3 comments:

Les Lampman said...

Shazaam! Y'all are rockin'! It's really lloking good.

I put assembled my Harbor Freight Heavy Duty 1740# trailer today (yea!). Tomorrow I'll try and buy some building materials for the tear its self. But...I'll never catch up to y'all. :) That's ok, do good stuff and I can copy. lol

Take care and good building.

Les Lampman
Whidbey Island, WA

Les Lampman said...

Sheesh...guess I better proofread before I hit the publish button...just found out I can't edit. :)

Ken and Noel said...

Thanks man! getter done! I have some more updates here to make but taking tonight off for sure.

good luck on your build!