Thursday, June 21, 2007

Side aluminum is on!

Howdy again, a bit late with some pics but this is the right side aluminum all glued up and ready to go. I know by the pics it looked like we already had this done but we only had the aluminum clamped up for storage. But now it's on for good.





This is the last time to see the wood on the other side. Don't think this stuff will be coming off any time soon.






The bottom of the aluminum will be covered with a strip if diamond plate. I elected to go ahead and install some rivets just for good measure. We were able to get or sun to help us on this. He likes using the tools so every chance we get we let him. He did good work. Scratched up the aluminum less than I did. :)



I was able to borrow some metal shears from a good friend of ours. We needed to make some of our trim pieces and I was cutting them by hand. uh! not any more. Made quick work of it tonight with these babies.




Here I'm installing some of the trim we cut. These are only here for filler. My trim does not quite cover the gap. So after looking around at a lot of other trailer builds I decided we could do it this way and all would be good.




Noel just having fun with the camera. I guess I shold take more pictures of her working. She really is working.





I don't remember what I was doing here!





We also installed the shelves in the front cabinet. Sure would have been a lot easier if we would have done this earlier. oh well gott'er done! Noel really like the use of space and thinks it will make some nice storage.

Still have a long way to go and with a deadline. we have about 3 weeks if we want to be able to use it for our family reunion coming up in July. So we will be bust'n it to get done.




No comments: