Wednesday, June 6, 2007

The Weekends Building

Greetings again! Well I'm a bit slow on the updates but here's the whole weekend in one post. We forget to take pics when we are so engrossed in the build so we've missed a few here and there. Saturday morning was great. Nice and cool outside and now time to get to work. All the bulkhead pieces are in place and secure and Noel painted a few of the pieces while they were easy to get too. I decided to leave the counter top in and build around it. Like I said I'm not a cabinet maker by no means so this weekend is going to be tough. Well, for me anyways.



This is late Saturday afternoon. Told ya I missed a few pics here and there. Oh man my brain hurts now but think we got it nailed down.





Now what was that old saying?

Measure once cut twice!








Wait! I think that's measure twice and cut once! That's where it all went wrong but got in a groove soon after.








It's coming together slowley. I move pretty fast at times and this tedious stuff just kills me. I've been keeping Noel busy with lot's of sanding and poly application.








Hey another door done...WHOO HOO! Noel and I really like the mission style cabinet doors and are planning on doing the same type of thing in our kitchen. I think they will work nice here too.




Cabinet framing is in place but not permanent as of yet. Still have more work to do on it. But we wanted to see if it fits. This was late Saturday night and I couldn't go to bed until I new it fit. Had to shave a saw blade width off but hey it fit GREAT! I was considering a bigger hammer but after all that work I though I just better cut it and make it fit right.


Look at those joints! nice huh! Trust me I was surprised too. This is not the norm for my woodworking skills.















Sunday morning and We got all the doors hinged and hung. THEY ACTUALLY WORK! Noel did some more painting, sanding and hole filling. Looking pretty dang good!






We quit kinda early on things on Sunday and this is how we left it. We have given a total of 9 tours this weekend also. Crazy huh! Nothing like a teardrop trailer build to pull strangers in off the street. Met some really nice folks for sure.

No comments: