Friday, June 22, 2007

Raise the Roof!

Howdy all! We avoided the roof for as long as we could. It wasn't too bad. We set up the EZ-up to get the sun off us as it was pretty dang warm today. Also the metal gets hot fast and makes it hard to handle. The way our garage faces we get the full brunt of the afternoon and evening summer sun. So the EZ-up helped a lot.



We temp screwed the back side down. These screws will have to come out once we are ready to install the galley hatch.






Also installing the diamond plate aluminum on the front. We did this so that our trim will cover all edges.












Here it is with all the aluminum on and ready for trim.




Test fitting the trim and getting it all bent in the shape needed. We took it slow and steady. had a few buckles to work out but didn't come out to bad. We will pull it up at a later time and seal it all up real good but for now we are just getting the pieces cut and shaped. I actually shorted myself by 6 inches. GEEZ! So I have to find a 3 foot piece to take care of that. I knew I would be short on some of my trim pieces but I was sure I had enough of this trim. I guess not! oh well, were not ready finish up this part yet so we have some time to get more in. We are going to try and get our fenders tonight. They will have to be fitted and painted. Gave a couple more tours too! It's just amazing at the number of people that will stop and want to check it out. I've lost count but I think that makes 18 tours already and we’re not even done yet. The road you always see in the pictures is heavily traveled and we run into people all over town asking us how the trailer is going. It's crazy how many people are actually watching us build this thing. I always tell them to stop and take a look. Maybe we should sale tickets and give a show every half hour. :)




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking good guys! I like the contrast of the black/trim/diamondplate

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.